Donate Eggs: Become an Egg Donor in Los Angeles
- At $8,000 for first time Egg Donors, we offer the highest compensation on the market. If you decide to donate eggs again, the compensation increases to $10,000 and more for repeat egg donors.
- There are never any out of pocket expenses when you decide to donate eggs with us – ever. We pay all the screening, medical, insurance, your legal representation, travel to Los Angeles, accommodation (if needed) and parking costs.
- If you are local to Los Angeles, you will work with Dr. Jain and his team here at Santa Monica Fertility Clinic, and ONLY his team. We will never ask you to undergo treatment at unfamiliar clinics or with medical professionals that you don’t know. You will truly be in the best hands in the industry and part of our Santa Monica Fertility family.
- We will assign you a nurse who will be responsible for your cycle and will support you throughout the egg donation process.– Your nurse will always be available to answer any questions or concerns you may have, including after hours and urgent calls.
- We only ever match our Egg Donors with our own Santa Monica Fertility patients. We screen our Intended Parents carefully, develop strong relationships and know them well. Egg Donation is an amazing gift and thanks to you, their hearts and their homes will be full.
- Most of our Egg Donors choose to donate eggs more than once due to their positive and fulfilling experience. Many women even go on to refer their friends to become an egg donor with us. We regard this as the best testimonial possible.
Qualifications To Donate Eggs
Although we consider all applicants on a case by case basis, we mainly work with egg donors who are relatively local to Los Angeles. Egg Donation requires certain commitment on your time and numerous visits to our clinic, therefore being able to commute to Los Angeles is beneficial. You will also need to meet some basic requirements in order to donate eggs with us, which include:
Egg Donor Compensation
Egg donors are compensated for their time and effort to donate eggs. First-time donors typically receive $8,000 in compensation, whereas repeat donors receive more. Donors can donate eggs every 3-4 months, but do have a limit on the number of donations they can undergo in their lifetime. We provide your compensation at the time of egg retrieval.
We cover all costs associated with donating eggs in full, including insurance, all screening, travel, accommodation and any other costs that may occur. You will never have any out of pocket expenses.
How to donate eggs
- Fill out the online application form
One of our egg donation coordinators will contact you as soon as we review your application.
- Consult with a doctor at our Santa Monica Fertility Clinic
You will have a phone or in-person appointment with a fertility specialist at our clinic in Santa Monica, Los Angeles, who will review your medical history in more detail, perform an ultrasound of your ovaries, and obtain blood for various medical and infectious disease screens.
- Consult with a psychologist and genetic counselor
After your medical screening tests are returned, you will have a telephone interview with a psychologist, and a genetic counselor.
- Creation of an electronic donor profile
We will create your profile once you’ve completed all your medical, psychological and genetic screening tests and you qualified to donate eggs. We will ask you to provide photographs and may invite you to a professional photo shoot (at no cost to you, of course). Your profile will be password protected and shared with intended parents interested in choosing you as their donor.
Legal Considerations for Donating Eggs
Egg donation is mostly done anonymously, meaning that the donor and intended parents will be unable to identify each other. In order to help match you with intended parents, we create an electronic profile which is posted on our website. The profile includes pictures and information about your health and family history. The profile is password protected and your name or any other identifying information will never be used.
Upon matching with an intended parent, you we will refer you to an attorney who will represent you in the creation of a legal agreement between yourself, Santa Monica Fertility, and the intended parent(s). This legal agreement is meant to protect the privacy of all parties and further outlines your compensation, duties and rights once you become an egg donor..
About Shared Egg Donation
Santa Monica Fertility conducts shared egg donation cycles. This type of cycle allows us to match you more easily with intended parent(s), which means that you will be able to donate eggs sooner. The eggs retrieved as part of your cycle will be assigned to more than one intended parent (shared), thus making it more economically feasible for individuals or couples to undergo egg donation, while at the same time not creating an excessive number of embryos that may go unused.
Be Amazing, Donate Eggs!
Donating eggs is a truly life changing gift. If you feel that you meet all qualifications and wish to become an egg donor here in Los Angeles, please submit our short online application and our egg donation coordinator will be in touch with you.
If you have any questions and are not quite ready to apply, please contact us or call our egg donation coordinators on (310) 566 1470.
Apply Now to Become An Egg Donor